Last question for this group "what are the pitfalls" of this type of activity?
- Things can definitely get out of control! - RM
- defined pitfalls as risks
- an hour of study hall replaced 10 minutes of instructional time and morning meeting/prime group (homeroom)
- Students have concern that new schedule isn't as "educational" as old schedule (we are only using it for 2 days)
- Free seating has been really nice - students agree - less noise in their opinion
- Blitzing after lunch only was better - because we haven't been messy at break
- Some students feel that the breaks between classes (5 minute breaks) seem like a waste. Not enough time to really DO anything.
- Others like the few minutes to just catch their breath.