Liana Gardner is a two-time teen choice award-winning author of the Misfit McCabe series. Daughter of a rocket scientist and an artist, Liana Gardner combines the traits of both into a quirky yet pragmatic writer and in everything sees the story lurking beneath the surface. Engaged in a battle against leukemia and lymphoma, Liana spends much of her time at home, but allows her imagination to take her wherever she wants to go.
She fostered her love of writing after reading Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women and discovering she had a great deal in common with the character Jo. The making up of stories, dramatic feelings, and a quick temper were enough for her to know she and Jo would have been kindred spirits.
Liana volunteers with high school students through the International Trade Education Programs (ITEP). ITEP unites business people and educators to prepare students for a meaningful place in the world of tomorrow. Working in partnership with industry and educators, ITEP helps young people “think globally and earn locally.”
Books and Awards
- 7th Grade Revolution 2018 International Book Awards Finalist in Children’s Fiction
- The Journal of Angela Ashby — Release Date 9.25.2018
- 7th Grade Revolution — Release date 10.24.2017.
- Diary of a Misfit (“Current Event,” a short story in Diary of a Misfit, was featured in the Story Chairs project, an audio installation featuring the work of 32 writers, musicians, and readers.)
- Nowhere Feels Like Home (Pearson Prize Teen Choice Award 2010)
- Misfit McCabe (Pearson Prize Teen Choice Award 2009)
Her next Middle Grade book, The Journal of Angela Ashby, launches 9.25.2018 from Vesuvian Books. Liana is currently working on a Middle Grade “Homeless Myths” series, with the first book titled, The Star Warriors and the Secret of the Red Key. Her most recent YA novel, Speak No Evil, has been completed and is on a quest for a publisher.
She is also working on a Children’s chapter book series as LK Griffie, with creator Luke Matthews and co-authors Olivia Claire and Jared Cross, entitled Timmy and the Golden Lion Tamarin.